JUSTANSWER TECH HELP

Saturday, September 1, 2012

IHC Navistar & SCR - School Bus application?

With all the posts about International looking to Cummins for their SCR emissions, I got to thinking is this just the Cummins packaged engine and SCR, or will IHC look to install the SCR on the Maxxforce engine?

My collected oil samples from the Maxxforce engine, school bus application has as much as 10% fuel dilution, there lies the problem I see..... If you take a look at some of the earlier posts, I show several examples of failed Aftertreatment and face-plugged units as well, all a result of soot or ........... Making its way down the exhaust. My thought is IHC will have a whole other can of worms on their hands if they marry the two products together, face plugging @ 7000 miles and failure after failure on the SCR as a result of the thin oil full of diesel making the trip down the pipe.


No comments: